11 Plus and English Teachers
At BSE Beaconsfield we only select teachers of the
highest calibre. We select them for their professional
qualifications, their teaching experience and their personal
English Language Teachers
English Language teachers at BSE Beaconsfield have as a minimum qualification an honours degree awarded by a UK university.
Examples of educational qualifications achieved by our English
Language teachers are -
- Bachelor of Arts degree - BA (Hons)
- Master of Arts degree - MA
- MA TESOL - a qualification designed for experienced English Language Teaching professionals
English Language teachers at BSE Beaconsfield are professionally qualified to teach English as a foreign language to international students. Our English Language teachers have as a minimum qualification a UK National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level 5 certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language or in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Examples of these EFL / ESOL teaching qualifications are -
- CELTA - the University of Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
- Trinity College, London CertTESOL - the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- DELTA - the University of Cambridge ESOL's Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is an advanced, NQF Level 7 qualification
- Trinity College, London DipTESOL - the Trinity Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is an advanced, NQF Level 7 qualification
- MA TESOL
The 11 Plus tutor at BSE Beaconsfield is Jeremy Bull. A highly qualified teacher and 11 Plus author with over 30 years teaching experience, Jeremy teaches both the GL Assessment and CEM style 11 Plus. He is responsible for the 11 Plus course syllabus, which he continually updates to reflect the latest developments in the Bucks and Slough Consortium 11 Plus tests. He is a dedicated teacher whose aim is to support capable students to achieve their best in the 11 Plus.
Jeremy Bull has taught at primary, secondary and tertiary levels and in both the state and private sectors. His academic qualifications include a postgraduate degree and an NQF Level 7 teaching diploma.
Jeremy's teaching experience is reflected in the 11 Plus results achieved by BSE Beaconsfield students. His students have consistently achieved excellent pass rates in the 11 Plus. In 2016, every one of his Summer School students passed the 11 Plus - a 100% pass rate. Several of the students achieved very high marks, well above the qualifying scores for Bucks and Slough Consortium grammar schools.
© BSE 2018. All rights reserved.