11 Plus and English
At BSE Beaconsfield we only select teachers of the
highest calibre. We select them for their professional
qualifications, their teaching experience and their personal
English Language teachers
English Language teachers at BSE have as a minimum qualification an honours degree awarded by a UK university.
Examples of educational qualifications achieved by our English
Language teachers are -
- Bachelor of Arts degree - BA (Hons)
- Master of Arts degree - MA
- MA TESOL - a qualification designed for experienced English Language teaching professionals
English Language teachers at BSE are
professionally qualified to teach English as a foreign language to international
students. Our English Language teachers have as a minimum qualification a UK National
Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level 5 certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign
Language or in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Examples of these EFL /
ESOL teaching qualifications are -
- CELTA - the University of Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
- Trinity College, London CertTESOL - the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- INTESOL Level 5 Certificate in TESOL - the INTESOL Worldwide INTESOL Level 5 Certificate in TESOL
- DELTA - the University of Cambridge ESOL's Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is an advanced, NQF Level 7 TEFL/TESOL qualification
- Trinity College, London DipTESOL - the Trinity Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is an advanced, NQF Level 7 TEFL/TESOL qualification
- MA TESOL
The 11 Plus tutor at BSE is Jeremy Bull. A highly qualified teacher with 30 years teaching experience, Jeremy teaches both the GL Assessment and CEM style 11 Plus tests. He is responsible for the 11 Plus course syllabus, which is continually updated to reflect the latest developments in the Bucks and Slough Consortium 11 Plus.
Jeremy Bull has taught at primary, secondary and tertiary levels and in both the state and private sectors. His academic qualifications include a postgraduate degree and an NQF Level 7 teaching diploma.
Jeremy's teaching experience is reflected in the 11 Plus marks achieved by our students. BSE students have consistently achieved excellent pass rates in the 11 Plus. In 2016, for example, Jeremy's 11 Plus Summer School students achieved a 100% pass rate in both the Bucks and Berks 11 Plus tests. Several of his students achieved very high marks, well above the qualifying scores.
© BSE 2018. All rights reserved.