10 reasons for choosing our School
- Beaconsfield School of English is a well established school with a strong local
- The fees for our 11 Plus courses, Mock 11 Plus Test Sessions and English classes for au pairs represent excellent value for money.
- All course and 11 Plus Mock Test materials are included in the fees, at no extra
- Our pupils achieve excellent pass rates in the CEM 11 Plus.
- We only select teachers of the highest
- We have flexible course start dates. Many courses at Beaconsfield School of English
start any week.
- We provide One to One private tuition for the CEM 11 Plus.
- We offer both taught and online courses.
- Beaconsfield School of English is based in a convenient, easily accessible study
and 11 Plus Mock Test Session location.
- We provide a wide range of course and 11 Plus Mock Test options.
Beaconsfield School of English specialises in preparation
courses for the Bucks version of the 11 Plus exam. This is the CEM
(Durham University) 11 Plus, which is also used by most of the selective
schools in Berkshire.
The Beaconsfield School of English CEM 11 Plus course is designed for students in Year 5 at Primary School. The CEM 11+ course covers the 3 main areas of the Bucks CEM 11 Plus - Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Numerical Reasoning. The 11 Plus lessons are taught on a One to One basis (private lessons). This enables the 11+ teacher to identify strengths and weaknesses and to focus on weaker areas needing improvement.
The Beaconsfield School of English CEM 11 Plus course starts in September and lasts for 3 terms. There is also an 11 Plus Summer School in August.
The 11+ lessons are 75 minutes long, so the pupils can practise and focus on CEM-style 11+ exercises for an extended period. The teacher always sets homework after the lessons for completion by the following week. This is a very important part of the 11 Plus course.
The questions in the CEM 11+ exams are broadly based on the primary school Year 5 syllabus.
Children normally start their CEM 11+ course at Beaconsfield School of English two weeks after the Bucks CC schools start back. The 11 Plus course dates then match the Bucks County Council school term dates closely. There are 3 CEM 11 Plus course terms: Autumn Term, Spring Term and Summer Term.
The four-week CEM 11+ Summer School in August is a final preparation stage leading up to CEM 11+ test day. The pupils study for 2.5 hours or 5 hours per week (individual tuition) in the CEM 11+ Summer School. The lessons focus on CEM-style 11+ practice tests, consolidation and revision.
The week before the course starts, pupils enrolled on the 11+ Summer School study the free Beaconsfield School of English 11+ Home Study Course.